E9 o9pgl 400x400

Lenovo Blade Servers Review
It offers central management of all blade servers and performance.

Valuable Features

Central management of all blade servers and performance: It helps us to access blade servers remotely even at boot time, as well, when we can access the BIOS setup remotely. Other than that, we can restart and shut down blade servers from a single console.

Room for Improvement

The blade center and blade server’s hardware firmware upgrade should be easy.

The hardware firmware upgrade option of blade servers and chassis should include the blade center admin console itself.

Use of Solution

I have used it for nine years.

Because this is an old IBM blade chassis model and servers, we faced a couple of issues during VMware implementation.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 10/10.

Initial hardware setup is bit difficult regarding interconnectivity and the firmware upgrade on the blade chassis and servers. I recommend that it should be done by the IBM tech team.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

For servers, proper sizing should be done in terms of processing, memory, storage, etc., along with the IBM team. Sometimes the cost of product increases if it is oversized.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated options from HP and DELL.

Other Advice

Blade servers are better than traditional servers, but cost-wise, a blade center solution is more expensive than traditional servers, so if blade servers are the best fit for your environment, then you should go for it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Lenovo Blade Servers?

Our experts can help. 242,854 professionals have used our research on 6,016 solutions.