Lenovo Rack Servers Review

Cheap solution in comparison to other products on the market

How has it helped my organization?

We started adding servers to our central offices, and we considered HP devices, but we found Lenovo was a better choice for us.

What is most valuable?

It performs really well, and the price is cheaper than other solutions. They are extremely reliable.

What needs improvement?

The management troubles us a bit. We also had some issues getting VMware to run on the Lenovo servers. We were told to go to HP but we stuck with Lenovo.

I would like to see the management port improved. We do use XClarity, which is from Lenovo, but it still needs an upgrade. It is difficult to work with and it would be beneficial for Lenovo to improve this.

More than five years.

The stability is great.

This is a scalable product. When considering discs to servers, it is very reliable.

We have another party that handles our tech support issues.

About eight years ago, IBM was our preferred supplier. They were also the cheapest. We switched because IBM sold their hardware service to Lenovo.

At one point, we also considered Intel servers, but we still stayed with Lenovo.

It was complex to get this started because the Lenovo and VMware are not very compatible. We had to get some updates in order for it to be implemented.

It is the cheapest solution we have seen on the market.

What other advice do I have?

When considering a vendor, I always consider reliability and cost.