Lenovo ThinkAgile VX Series Review

Stable with good pricing and pretty good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our hyper-converged system.

What is most valuable?

The various scenarios for this solution are great.

The pricing is reasonable. It's very good. It's the main reason people are buying it.

The solution seems to be quite stable.

Technical support is very helpful.

Our clients don't seem to have trouble with scaling.

We find the setup quite straightforward and very easy.

What needs improvement?

The user management could be a bit better. It's something they could improve upon in future releases.

We've been using the solution for about five or six years now. It's been a while.

The stability must be pretty good as we never hear of any issues from our clients. They seem to be happy with its reliability. We don't hear from them in terms of issues surrounding bugs or glitches. It's good.

The scalability is likely okay. We haven't had a client come back and complain about this aspect lacking in any way.

The technical support is okay. As the product supplier, we work pretty well alongside them and our clients don't seem to have any complaints. I would assume everyone is satisfied with the level of service provided.

We are also partners with HP and Dell. We use a variety of products from different brands.

We've also worked with IBM in the past.

The offerings of hyper-converged systems are mostly the same. Typically, the preference of which the client chooses is based on their own comfort level with a brand as well as pricing and budget.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's easy. It isn't complex. We used to work with IBM which was a bit more involved.

We have ten engineers that have the capabilities to handle deployment and maintenance.

Customers really like the pricing as it's quite affordable for them.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Lenovo, among other solutions. We don't have an exclusive business relationship with them.

I would recommend the product to others. Of course, it depends on the company's price, budget, and requirements. Typically, I would recommend Lenovo or Dell. They're all right and we've worked with them both a lot. It's the preference of the client as well, and whether or not they are usually working with IBM on their storage system.

Overall, I would rate the solution at eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Lenovo, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.