Lenovo ThinkSystem DE Series Review

Meets requirements for hosting our Virtual Machines in three data centers

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to house our VMware Virtual Machines. We have three data centers, and I am responsible for troubleshooting the environment.

We are currently using the on-premise deployment model, although we are starting our migration to AWS. I expect that it will take no more than six or seven months.

What is most valuable?

This solution is good for virtualization and meets the need for CPU and RAM requirements. It is suitable for mid-range and big business.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a better performance from this solution.

In the next release, I would like to see support for Hyper-converged infrastructure.

The stability of this solution is good.

Scalability on rack-mount servers is not as good as with Blade servers.

Technical support for this solution is good but they are not interactive.

We used a solution from HP before this one.

The initial setup of this solution depends on the design of the environment and the scale of the project. It can be simple, or complicated.

The pricing for this solution is good compared to HP or Dell EMC.

What other advice do I have?

The demand in the market is for hyper-converged, all-in-one virtualization. It is not only for the operating system or hypervisors but also for networking and security. It is about optimum solutions.

This is a solution that I recommend for those who need the basics that can be achieved with a rack mount server.