Lenovo ThinkSystem Rack Servers Review

Good stability, easy mounting, and good support

What is our primary use case?

It is a large VMware virtualization environment on which our students and researchers are running all the machines.

What is most valuable?

We appreciate the stability and easy mountings of all the machines. We have some direct connections with IBM, Lenovo, and other companies, and we get close support from them.

What needs improvement?

It is quite an expensive product. Its price can be improved.

I have been using this solution for a year.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. We have 1,000 users. They are our students and researchers. We plan to keep on using this solution.

We have some direct channels there. We also have a Lenovo mainframe at our site for demonstration purposes, and we have some direct connection with the engineers.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment duration varies because sometimes the students are deploying it, and they take a little longer. Normally, it is quite fast.

I am a part of the consulting team and a lecturer at the University. The implementation is done by some assistants to teach the students. We have four to five full-time people for its deployment and maintenance.

It is too expensive. Because we are a university and we have to look for our money, many times we buy some refurbished machines or equipment at reasonable prices from IBM or Lenovo. We are a little bit limited in terms of money, and we buy as much as we can. If they were cheaper, we would buy more.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Lenovo ThinkSystem Rack Servers a nine out of ten. It is just the price that lowers it to nine.

More Lenovo ThinkSystem Rack Servers reviews from users
...who work at a Educational Organization
...who compared it with HPE ProLiant DL Servers
Learn what your peers think about Lenovo ThinkSystem Rack Servers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.