Lenovo ThinkSystem Rack Servers Review

Good integration, good support, and easy to use and scale

What is our primary use case?

We use it for microservices. It is for the main applications and growth of the business.

What is most valuable?

It has good integration. You have VMware for connecting many machines, and you can support microservices. You can also easily connect the networks.

It is also very easy to use and implement, and it comes with good support.

What needs improvement?

It should have tools for integration with the cloud. We should be able to transmit data from our on-premises server to the servers in the cloud.

I have been using this solution for about eight years.

It has good stability.

It is easy to scale. We have around 300 users.

They provide good support. We have a software to communicate with them and get any help that we need.

Before Lenovo, there was an IBM server. We started to use this server because it is easy to use for microservices, and there are many applications.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took about three months. We had to integrate microservices, and we also had applications.

We deployed it ourselves. In the company, we have more than three people for its deployment and maintenance.

It costs around $8,000. There is an additional cost for the support for a year.

Nutanix and HPE are also good options. Nutanix is a little expensive. HPE has only two servers, but we need three servers.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good product. It is very easy to implement, and you can scale it easily. It is useful for us, and we plan to keep using it. When the company grows, we would add more servers.

I would rate Lenovo ThinkSystem Rack Servers an eight out of ten.

More Lenovo ThinkSystem Rack Servers reviews from users
...who work at a Educational Organization
...who compared it with HPE ProLiant DL Servers
Learn what your peers think about Lenovo ThinkSystem Rack Servers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.