Liferay Digital Experience Platform Review

What is most valuable?

The community and collaboration features such as forums, library, wikis, event and ideas.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organisation is set up to support other organisations working in Public Sector Improvement. The product has helped our members and communities to freely connect, share knowledge, develop initiatives and share expertise in a secure environment. This has enabled organisations to save both time and money, generated and incubated ideas to drive improvement, and helped members discover knowledge to help in their job and connect with people and experts.

What needs improvement?

Liferay does currently lack a good integrated analytics package, automation, and filtering.

I've been using it for years.

We had no material issues during deployment.

We did, at different stages, have performance issues, but this was resolved by moving to the recommend infrastructure.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

8/10

9/10

We previously used an IBM WebSphere product. We moved to an open source product to support the concept being promoted in the UK Government and expected scalability without scaled cost.

A bit of both. Learning what a new platform can and can’t do can take a while especially if you are moving from an established platform that was bespoke built to a portal based platform. Showcasing the benefits of moving to the members and migrations was tough to start with but has proved to be beneficial.

We implemented it through a vendor team, PFI Knowledge Solutions Limited (PFIKS). They are the only UK platinum partner of Liferay and have a great level of expertise - 8/10, even though it is a relatively small organisation

Check out the community (free) version first. Go with Enterprise Edition for the great Liferay support.

A number of alternative products were evaluated, including staying with the original IBM platform. We selected Liferay due to its flexibility and scalability.

What other advice do I have?

Take your time, Liferay can do so many different things and can be very complex. So be clear on what you are building.

More Liferay Digital Experience Platform reviews from users