Trust radius liferay logo square draft1 0

Liferay Digital Experience Platform Review
I value the portlets, OSGi modularity, and the tools for developers.

Valuable Features:

I really value the out-of-the-box features (portlets/application), OSGi modularity (in the last version), and tools for developers.

Improvements to My Organization:

We needed to rewrite a legacy application written from scratch with much less developer resources. Liferay was a great choice. It had a big learning curve in advance, but it had great results in the end.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see better documentation. Updates in the documentation do not follow updates in the code and functionality.

Use of Solution:

I have used it since version 5.2, in 2008.

Scalability Issues:

There were some scalability issues. Finding a good infrastructure setup is not an easy task. Some scalability issues can arise when changing database engines, since Liferay supports different databases.

I didn't use technical support.

Other Advice:

It might sound trivial, but plan all the project phases, in terms of infrastructure and performance testing, well.

Liferay starting from DXP redesign the full software architecture using OSGI (actually since 6.2 is integrated but just for small integration points). With this new design, they gain the possibility to updates released version more frequently and also "components by components." From a point of view of a developer this is a great improvement by the way after first general available release. Liferay also released public documentation, allowing developers build custom plugin and general customization. This documentation gets outdated in different parts after some new release (GA2 ,etc).

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Liferay Digital Experience Platform ?

Our experts can help. 228,876 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.