Liferay Digital Experience Platform Review

Easy to install, customize, and use

What is our primary use case?

We have developed some outlets to manage some specific requirements for public administration and we use this solution to assist.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to install.

There's a lot of plugins. It's an enterprise-level solution that is ready to use almost immediately and users can immediately share and collaborate once they've installed the application.

It's one of the best platforms I've used.

What needs improvement?

The documentation provided needs to be more detailed. It's sometimes hard to develop things because the documentation is so sparse.

The forums should have more content and cover more areas of the solution. It's also not so easy to navigate through it.

I like to participate on some of Liferay's symposiums in Italy. We've found the company to be managing the architecture in Italy quite well, and we've been quite satisfied with them.

I've also worked on Tableau, which is a social platform. Tableau is quite lightweight and easy to use, but the community is smaller. Liferay has a big community at the moment.

The initial setup is straightforward. We found it to be quite easy to install, and very quick.

Liferay is an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is quite expensive, and, in the Italian market, it may be a barrier to entry for many companies.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's a good platform that's easy to install and easy to start to use. It's also easy to customize if you are only going to customize some CSR. Although I've never tested it, I know now that it's possible to have access to more direct APIs.

More Liferay Digital Experience Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with WordPress
Find out what your peers are saying about Liferay, Microsoft, Drupal and others in Web Content Management. Updated: January 2021.
456,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.