LinkRunner Review

The unit has saved hours and hours of troubleshooting and manpower on site

What is our primary use case?

We use this for daily work for desktop, network, server and infrastructure sections.

It can be used in the office environment, factory floor, up in the rafters and out in the elements. With the device being rugged, it has withstood all that we've put it through with minimal issues.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a great product and worth every penny if you calculate hours lost with personnel and downtime of equipment.

What is most valuable?

The unit has saved hours and hours of troubleshooting and manpower on site. Other sections that are not in IT have also purchased these for wire map, tracing and testing.

I highly recommend getting the gold support because of the two issues that we've had over the five years. Throughout all of its use, the LinkRunner RJ45 jack on the top of the unit has been replaced due to wear and tear.

What needs improvement?

Bluetooth connectivity to a phone/tablet to manipulate if it's toning a line for an Access Point in the rafters and you're 250+ft away and 15" down.  Having to go back up in a lift to use the interface and then go back down again can be cumbersome.

Or something like the remote access that the OneTouch has to access the screen remotely.  That comes in handy.

More than five years.

I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement with a compared cost on the market yet.

Being able to use this as a reflector with OneTouch is very handy.

Top-notch, and I've been using Fluke/NETSCOUT for over 20 years.

Straightforward.

Get the gold support! It's worth every penny for the loaner while your device is in for maintenance.