LiquidPlanner Review

Good for reporting, but a little rigorous in its methodology and not conducive to real project management

What is our primary use case?

We use LiquidPlanner for managing our projects. It is a web-based solution that uses single sign-on and is accessible through a website. We are currently using a beta version that is not yet released.

How has it helped my organization?

It hasn't. It is good concept-wise, but it is not really conducive to what real project management ends up being in the end.

What is most valuable?

Its dashboards and reports are the most valuable. We are able to share these reports and other information with our leadership.

What needs improvement?

It is a little rigorous in its methodology and is cumbersome. For example, I have a hard stop date and I would like a project to end by a specific date, but this is not how this solution works. It sorts of spits out the project date based on your resource availability, dependencies, and so on. This sort of project planning works in theory, but that's not always the case.

It also relies heavily on resources entering their time into the system, that is, how much time they worked on each of the tasks so that it can sort of consistently update the project. I know that in a lot of organizations, including ours, it is almost impossible to get them to track the time.

In terms of additional features, they can include more integration with Microsoft because integration is going to be a key functionality.

It is stable. There are no issues.

It is scalable. You can add as many projects as you want to it depending upon your budget, licensing, and the number of people you want to add. We have about 50 licenses. I am probably one of the two people actually using this solution.

Their customer service and technical support are great.

What other advice do I have?

Using LiquidPlanner requires a change in the way an organization sees project management. A project manager can't really use this solution without the rest of the organization being on board with it. This is really the issue. It is a good solution for the right organization. It just isn't right for us.

I would rate LiquidPlanner a five out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about LiquidPlanner, Wrike, Atlassian and others in Project Management Software. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.