LiquidPlanner Review
Not a calendaring program . It focuses on listing tasks, simplifying collaboration, and Getting Things Done

What is our primary use case?

Several types of project, research and tech projects.  It allows me to see and take several steps at the same time throughout the process.

How has it helped my organization?

In a high paced environment, we are always changing our focus and new priorities are always being added, LiquidPlanner allows me to add these new tasks and get an immediate snapshot of how it will impact my other priorities. It helps me identify what needs to change or stay the same.

What is most valuable?

LiquidPlanner is a great tool for Getting Things Done enthusiasts and project managers in general. It allows you to break down your project into multiple steps with best/worst case time scenarios and then gives you a complete picture of the project timeline and tasks in an easy to understand format. The reminders are fantastic! I have used it has a professional with a paid account, and also as a university student with a free academic account. I have used the timer function to record how much time I am spending on a task so that I can bill clients or to just to have it for future reference, it's a nice feature! Uploading documents really makes sharing and keeping things in a central location very handy.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more power and triggers in the iOS app. For example, a similar product on the market sends you a alert on your phone if you are in a certain geographic area to remind you to do a task while in that area.

Three to five years.

None

None. It continues to grow and improve.

Excellent

Have not needed tech support.

I was using a much more expensive alternative that has no web interface. While it has features that I like, it doesn't have a web interface that I can see on a large monitor like LiquidPlanner.

The setup is the easiest I have seen. The tutorials are fast and friendly, and it's one of the primary reasons I selected LiquidPlanner. I started using it within a few minutes!

While using this professionally it was about $30 per month for myself to collaborate with a few teams members. College students can get a free account if they have a .edu email account. I strongly encourage it, I wish I had this product years ago!

OmniFocus, Nozbe, Wunderlist

What other advice do I have?

Users must understand that LiquidPlanner is not a calendaring program. It focuses on listing tasks, simplifying collaboration, and Getting Things Done! It gives you a really easy way to see how long tasks and projects will take, and if there will be conflicts. Identifying bottlenecks and conflicts is the power that LiquidPlanner offers that other products do not.

3 visitors found this review helpful