LiveAction LiveNX Review

Lets you create CLI scripts on the fly and provides reporting, latency, and bandwidth utilization for your applications

What is our primary use case?

We were using it for monitoring two of our business units. We were using it on a day-to-day basis to monitor performance, latency, and QoS modeling to ensure that we were properly modeling QoS. This was before pre-COVID when we were all in the office. This platform went away with the business units when those business units got sold. We were one or two versions before the latest one.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features is the ability to create CLI scripts on the fly to fix any issues. We were using it for QoS modeling to ensure that we were properly modeling QoS, and it basically said here is what you need to fix to get this QoS done, whether it is ACL or something else. It would either push or recommend. If you have the right credentials, you could also push.

It is very good if you are a Cisco shop. It gives you reporting, latency, and bandwidth utilization for your applications, so you can do good capacity management planning. There are a lot of pieces that LiveNX can give you. It is a total NPM solution for SD-WAN.

What needs improvement?

It is not as robust as other NPM solutions. For instance, there is a problem while labeling specific applications. It works well with well-known applications, but when you have to put in new applications that are not very known and set them up with names, ports, URLs, or some protocols, it is not as intuitive.

I used this solution for about a year.

We were one or two versions before the latest one. It was not as stable as it possibly could be, and we did have some problems with it, but that doesn't mean that we haven't had problems with others.

It was scaled for two business units that we had. We had 300 or 400 remote offices, and it was scalable. I am not quite sure about anything above that because we didn't have a need for it.

Their tech support is good once you get to them. They are hard to reach, and they're obviously not at the drop of a dime. You cannot always get someone from tech to call you immediately. They take a while to get back.

I wasn't a part of the initial setup, but from what I gathered, it was pretty much straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be that if you're looking to handle SD-WAN, then make sure that you have a great reporting system. If you're a Cisco shop, I would say that LiveNX is a definitely good product because it basically tells you what you need to do to change anything to make sure your QoS modeling is working properly.

I would rate LiveAction LiveNX an eight out of ten for Cisco. Otherwise, I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about LiveAction, Cisco, SolarWinds and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.