Loadbalancer.org Review
Stable, easy to set up, gives us live failover for a crucial intranet site

What is our primary use case?

To have live failover for an intranet site we are using, and to monitor live user connections.

How has it helped my organization?

It does what it’s supposed to do which is balancing an important intranet site we are using, so if one server dies, the second becomes active straight away. The site is 24/7, so it’s crucial for us to always have it up and running.

What needs improvement?

It’s really difficult to say as we use it, as I mentioned, just to have the failover for our websites. We rarely access the interface; maybe to do a backup from time to time, or when we have connectivity issues to check if people are connecting.

If I have to say something, I suppose they could add an automated configuration backup to an FTP location (or something similar) so you don’t have to manually do it. I don’t see this as a problem, of course, as the configuration rarely changes and we only need one backup, but maybe for other users this feature would be handy.

Nothing at all.

No problems so far.

I used it once for an activation-key issue we had, and they helped me straight away, so 10 out of 10.

No previous solution.

Really user friendly, so no problem here.

The appliances have not had a measurable effect on our operating costs (payback on investment).

I think it’s very affordable, nothing more to add.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others considering this product is that they will experience a very good, stable product which is very easy to set up.