Loadbalancer.org Review

Makes sure our web-filtering system is distributed, gives us access to the end-servers

What is our primary use case?

We provide a web-filtering system for 200 schools, and Loadbalancer.org makes sure that it balances across all of the web-filtering service that we've got, to provide good quality service.

How has it helped my organization?

It was part of a project that we did where we used to outsource all of the web-filtering to a third party. We weren't very happy with it. We wanted to bring everything in-house, control the system ourselves. This is an absolute key component to being able to allow us to do that. It's enabled us to have much better service to offer at a cheaper price, and much more resilient.

What is most valuable?

Most important for us that it makes sure that the load is distributed and that we always have access to the end-servers that they're connected to. We need that to make sure that we have a consistent, high level of service that the schools can rely on.

We've had a couple of minor issues in the two years they've been running, a couple of very small glitches.

No we haven't had any scalability issues. We've installed them, installed the devices from day one, and they've worked absolutely fine.

In those cases where we had small glitches, whenever we contacted the support team, they've been absolutely fantastic.

We weren't really using anything ourselves because we were doing it through a third-party contract previously, but we switched to Loadbalancer.org at the recommendation of our web-filtering partners.

It was actually our partner who set them up for us, so we didn't have anything to do with it directly. But in our case, yes, it was straightforward.

The appliances have had a measurable effect on our operating costs. I wouldn't be able to put a finger on it as such, but yes, they've definitely helped.

I'd say it is very good value.

To be honest, our filtering partners said that they had done that work previously themselves, they had tried and tested, and they recommended Loadbalancer.org. So we just went with their recommendation. We, ourselves, didn't evaluate anything else, but I know that they have. They'd be in a much better place than us to do those evaluations.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of 10. We have had one or two small crashes on them, nothing major, but I guess that would be the only thing stopping it from being a 10.

I would say that, from the experience that we've had, the devices, operation, and the support from the technical support teams, that I can't fault it. I can't fault the systems. I'd happily recommend them.

It's just worked. It's been a good system. We were advised to purchase it and it was good advice. I'd say that it's been absolutely 100% brilliant for us, and I wouldn't think twice about recommending them.

More Loadbalancer.org reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Radware Alteon
Find out what your peers are saying about Loadbalancer.org, F5, HAProxy and others in Application Delivery Controllers (ADC). Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.