LoadRunner Review

It helped our organization run successful performance testing cycles and identify the bottlenecks of the application. We'd like to implement it to do load testing in the cloud.

Valuable Features

It is very strong in providing load testing solutions. It provides a lot of protocol support and its reporting utility is very good. Also, the virtual user generation, controllers, and analyses are good.

Improvements to My Organization

It helped our organization to run successful performance testing cycles and to identify the bottlenecks of the application. It helped the clients run their application successfully and smoothly.

Room for Improvement

We would like to be able to implement the tool in such a way that load testing can also be done in the cloud.

Use of Solution

We've used it for four years.

There was an issue that I faced with different versions of the controller and Performance Center. They should have been of the same version.

I didn't have many stability issues. The tool is very stable as you just need to check what protocols you want to test.

No issues encountered.

Customer support is good, and the turnaround time for requests is very fast. Also, they have created a forum where experts will help you without creating a ticket.

8/10

I used JMeter and Oracle Application Testing Suite as well, but according to our client’s wish we went for this solution.

It is straightforward. You just have to go through the read-me document and installation guide provided along with the software.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

I would say it is true value for the money.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The license cost is much more compared to other tools available, but it will give you a complete package for load testing your application.

Other Solutions Considered

I evaluated JMeter and Oracle Application Testing Suite, but this proved better than those.

Other Advice

If you are looking for customer satisfaction, you can simply go and get it.

1 Comment
Hugo Van den BergReal UserTOP 20

You say you want to use load runner in the cloud. Load runner is offered in the cloud (enter "Loadrunner in the cloud" at your favorite search engine for vendors). Unless of course you want to test from your own cloud vendor. HP licensing might be a bit tricky for that.

23 January 16