LoadRunner Review

Allows us to scale up in order to simulate load on your application.

Valuable Features

In many scenarios, you have to be able to run or put load on your application, and that's what that product does, and it does it pretty well.

Improvements to My Organization

In the old days, if you wanted to run load on your application, you would send out an email to 20 people, and you're all trying to do a load on an application. It allows you to scale up hundreds-thousands of users in order to simulate that.

Room for Improvement

I think it needs to have better reporting. After you do all the load, you really want good reporting.

We've had no issues with the stability.

You scale up based on the amount of load that you want to put on your application. No problem there. They have really good products, and I'm looking forward to the next project, HPE Agile Manager.

Not directly through HPE. We go through HPE's vendor partner, which is Checkpoint Technologies, and they provide excellent technical support.

We used JMeter which is open source, same problem though - reporting is open source. Zero support because it's open source. When we ran into a problem, no help from JMeter. That's why we moved to using LoadRunner.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We have our license pool with 100 concurrent users. I like the concurrent license model. I don't have any problem scaling.

Other Advice

Make sure you take into consideration how much overhead LoadRunner is adding to the load.