LoadRunner Review

It is very stable and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to do testing for banks and financial institutions.

What is most valuable?

At the moment I like to use the TruClient port, add them and create other versions of TruClient, because TruClient is usually too big to handle heavy loads, so you need to recreate a vamp version for whatever you will need.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes I have problems when I want to record a script if the application is a little special, like the login part. I think the TruClient works well and they are developing new things there all the time. So it's getting better. I would like to see an easier way to move things from SoapUI to the same addressed services and postman or something like that. Because the developers will use the other products and then the website and then load them at no cost. So if it was just one step to move from one system to another it would be a great improvement.

I have been using the solution for almost twenty years now.

The solution is quite stable. I've seen a few bugs of course - they will always be there. That's not a big deal and I just work around it.

I guess scalability becomes a problem when you use things like TruClients. It eats lots of memory, so usually, I have two or three low generators while I have the one controller. We have had some problems with when we are using a BPM system. In the beginning, it was quite difficult when we changed to this other system and we wanted to connect to the home computer.

We have about 12 users, mostly testers, working on the solution currently. Then we have two people working in our performance center.

The technical support is good. Whenever we had a problem, they solved it.

The initial setup was quite straightforward and it's quite easy to install the standard version. Everything takes less than an hour.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to look into the application differently. In the next version, I would like to see an easier way to create and use TruClient for development and to move it to another version. They already have this function, but it is not very user-friendly. You cannot do a correlation of things now, because it is on a higher level now. So you have to do a lot of work.

My rating for this solution is nine out of ten. I've used it a lot, so I guess it's possible to make things better, but it's been around for a while, so I think it's very good.