LogicMonitor Review

Provides graphing of historical data as well as alerting of possible outages/issues.​​

Valuable Features

It's a very feature rich application that has many features people are looking for in a monitoring solution. It provides not just graphing of historical data but also alerting of possible outages/issues.

Other valuable features include the ability to quickly alert on an issue and acknowledge an issue no matter where we are. We can control it remotely via VPN, remote cell phone, or course from the office.

Improvements to My Organization

We manage multiple internet connections for multiple companies. This product has helped us to be more equipped to narrow down the root cause of an issue.

We've also been able to use it with other parts of our infrastructure, such as Cisco routers, firewalls, and switches, and Dell servers.

Room for Improvement

It needs improvement to parent and child alerts. When we monitor a certain location and the internet goes down, we get alerts for all devices at the location. It would be nice if we only got alerted that the location is down, not that each device is down.

Use of Solution

I've used it for almost a year now, but the company has used it for about 18 months.

Deployment of our collectors is very easy. We are in the process of re-arranging our monitoring infrastructure, so this allows us to easily deploy a new collector within a quick time frame.

My advice would be to be prepared with a good game plan and strategy for rolling out your deployment.

The only instability we have noticed is the time it takes for phone calls to come through. We have had a few times where we did not get alerted until hours after the fact.

So far we have not had a problem with scalability with over 300 hosts being monitored.

We haven't had a problem where we needed to contact customer service yet.

We haven't had a problem where we needed to contact technical support yet.

I personally have worked with other monitoring solutions, such as Nagios, SolarWinds, etc. This product offered the company more information when a site would go down.

I was not here when the initial roll out was done.

ROI

This product helps us on a daily basis in resolving speed issues as well as monitoring circuit end points.

Other Solutions Considered

I'm not sure about this as I wasn't involved in the decision.

1 visitor found this review helpful