LogicMonitor Review

Monitors our network from both within and without. 3rd Party integration and the granular alerting methods are good.

What is most valuable?

It's a product that monitors our network from both within and without. The integration with third parties and very granular notification/alerting methods are good. They have a monitoring location feature for our services in Australia, and it's billed monthly.

How has it helped my organization?

It's consolidated our diverse monitoring platforms saving time and effort. It helps us to identify issues much easier and quicker than before.

What needs improvement?

Reporting is not yet at its best, but work is underway, and they listen to the customer regarding their needs.

I've used it for six months.

Stability has been outstanding.

We have not yet required much scalability, but going up from 50 to 100 monitored hosts is very straightforward.

I have to say their support is excellent, both when onboarding/pre sales and once you become a customer. Though we are located at the other side of the world, it has been working quite well for us.

We switched from several on-premise solutions, and these were a mix of both paid and open source types. Support was a huge component, and also availability, scalability and not having to liaise with upgrades and roll outs.

Their pre-sales and support have been very helpful, and this meant it was not as complex as many other solutions out there.

The pricing is quite flexible, and it works as a subscription so you can stop it at any time if you have to.

We evaluated other solutions such as Zabbix, Pingdom and PRTG.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try, it won't disappoint you. I would encourage you to run a Proof of Concept or a small lab test if possible.