LogicMonitor Review

Our support desk only reacts to the ticket created for the respective device or service failure.

What is most valuable?

• ESXi monitoring
  • Cisco Routers and switches
  • Netflow
  • Batch Job and Event source monitoring
  • SQL and Application monitoring
  • Web service monitoring
  • Config managemet

How has it helped my organization?

The support team had to go through a rigorous manual process when a site went offline. The agent-based monitoring system will only send you “server up” and “server down” alerts and does not give you the complete visibility of a problem. Now we have LogicMonitor in place, our support desk only reacts to the ticket created for the respective device or service failure which has, so far has saved about 20 minutes per incident.

What needs improvement?

• Management features
  • Remote access features
  • Application monitoring
  • Predefined report templates
  • Dashboards
  • Application config management

15 Months

None.

But, once the collector is downloaded to host, it will only be valid for 2 Hrs.

We never experienced service disruptions apart from scheduled maintenance windows.

We are pretty organized when it comes to our infrastructure monitoring and did not cross the 500 devices limit. But, we tried creating over 1000 devices in the evaluation process and never experienced any scalability issues.

8/10

The best support team without a doubt from my experience with network monitoring vendors. LogicMonitor have got a good bunch of well-balanced techs who will get into our shoes to fix an issue or provide a solution. The revamped support portal is easy to use and the response from their techs are pretty fast. We haven’t had any need to escalate issues beyond normal support tiers.

In comparison with other network management platforms I have used, LogicMonitor was pretty straightforward. The initial setup is simple and configuring a gateway on a remote site is pretty straightforward.

There are a number of pricing plans to fit different service providers so you need to understand your monitoring requirements before making the switch.

The previous solution was only focusing on remote management capabilities and never had the capabilities to do advanced monitoring of our infrastructure. During the evaluation, we were trying to find a solution equipped with -

• Ability to monitor entire technology stack from a single platform
  • Cloud hosted
  • Application monitoring
  • Hardware monitoring
  • Define escalation chains
  • Cross platform integration
  • Simple pricing plans

What other advice do I have?

LogicMonitor can be pretty simple to implement but it’s a complex, robust platform that can pretty much do “everything”. You have to make sure you have a thorough understanding of what and how you want to monitor. Also, you need to think about how you want to do it and who should be alerted for what and on which stream. There are also KPI’s to be decided, and you need to know what platforms you are trying to integrate, especially your ticketing systems.