LogicMonitor Review

It knows what kind of device you are adding, and auto-discovers the monitors for it.

What is most valuable?

It's one of the easiest monitoring solutions to configure, with massive scalability and it works well.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have problems with other monitoring solutions that would miss things, or were very difficult to configure. LogicMonitor "knows" what kind of device you are adding, and auto-discovers the monitors for it - whether it's a NetApp, an Exchange server, or a fiber channel switch.

What needs improvement?

The alert rules system can be a bit clunky, easy enough to overcome, but it could be streamlined. When you have a lot of rules, it can be difficult to easily see what is doing what and where.

I have been using this solution for 3 years now.

I did not encounter any stability issues.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

I rate the level of technical support very high. Most techs are very knowledgeable and can debug most issues quickly or help you through resolution.

Our previous solution was missing alerts on critical items and was very difficult to configure.

Initial setup was very straightforward.

You will probably end up using LogicMonitor for more devices than you think!

We evaluated Microsoft SCCM, WhatsUp, and SolarWinds.

What other advice do I have?

Do not be afraid to contact LogicMonitor support. They are very knowledgeable and can quickly help you with issues.