LogicMonitor Review

What is most valuable?

• Ease of deployment
  • Robustness
  • Reporting capabilities

How has it helped my organization?

We’re able to discover potential issues within our VMware environment after deployment. It found several snapshots that had not been managed and we were able to remove.

What needs improvement?

The user interface seems to be difficult to get used to and navigate.

I have used it for one year.

I have not encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

Technical support is very good; knowledgeable and very accessible.

We chose this product due to its multi-tenancy capabilities. As a MSP, we managed and monitored several hundred clients. LogicMonitor allowed us to keep these segmented, but still alert us on critical issues for all. The web-based, hosted functionality is also very useful and allowed easy deployment.

Initial setup is easy; we had clients and endpoints monitored within minutes.

As an MSP, we provided the implementation for multiple clients. As for advice: Have a compute device available for each site you intend to manage and install the LogicMonitor collector on. To make endpoint deployment easier, have a standard setup to allow for collection. If it’s SNMP, create a specific community and allow the LogicMonitor Collector access to it. For WMI, create a specific service account for monitoring.

What other advice do I have?

LogicMonitor is a very robust monitoring solution and allows for customization to any environment. If you don’t want to deploy a solution on-prem, this is a very good alternative.