LogicMonitor Review

Easy to add a device and there are already templates of what elements to monitor in a device

What is our primary use case?

We are an MSP. The product is for our managed customers to monitor their equipment and network servers. It does what it is supposed to do.

How has it helped my organization?

We can proactively do support for our customers by receiving uploads before things go haywire. In terms of support, we are more proactive compared to having no monitoring at all. We are also able to identify quickly what sort of issues have happened or are about to happen, and act on them accordingly.

What is most valuable?

1. It is easy to add a device.
  2. They already have templates of what elements to monitor in a device.
  3. The product is designed for a business like us.

What needs improvement?

The current user reporting module is terrible. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Three to five years.

It has been quite stable. It can get choked up, but maybe that is because it is a SaaS-based application. However, it has been okay so far.

Scalability has been good.

We did not have a previous solution. We selected this solution due to price.

The initial setup wasn't that straightforward. It was a matter of reading through the how to manuals.

The price is a bit stiff (pricey).

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest to dive into it and just get started, eventually you will get it. Once you get used to it, it will be easy to use it.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Ease of use
  • Stability
  • Availability.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an MSP.