LogicMonitor Review

Easy to configure with a good UI that is easy to navigate, but the graphs need to be more intuitive

How has it helped my organization?

If we have an issue, whether it is the CPU, memory, or other resources, then I can check to see what it is using LogicMontor. With two clicks, I know which device and the details.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the UI because I find it very easy to navigate and you see everything with graphs.

LogicMonitor is very easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

The graphs are not intuitive and I think that they can be improved to help find issues faster. As it is now, I need to dig in more and try to filter things. Graphs are meant to be read easily, but in this case, they're not. There are different styles for CPUs, such as spiking with lines, and personally, I don't like that. I like more dots because with the display now, you never know what the limit is. When it is past the limit, that is where you need to check. Really, I'm not sure if any monitoring tools do that.

I have been using LogicMonitor for the past three years.

We use the cloud-managed service and we've never had an issue with stability. It's always up. We have configured an SSO to login with it.

Scaling this solution is not part of my job, but I have never heard that it was an issue to scale it. We have another team that takes care of this.

We recently used Grafana, which is an open-source solution. It's pretty good and I like it. I didn't use it much, but we are moving our infrastructure to Kubernetes and Grafana works well with that.

What other advice do I have?

From what I have used in this solution, it is one that I recommend. I'm not sure how to configure it at the backend, but for my use it is good.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud