LogMeIn Central Review
Remote access is the most valuable feature; allows me to support my clients from wherever I am

What is our primary use case?

I am an IT Consultant, and this is my life. This is how I access all the machines that I take care of. I administer all of the stuff for the network.

How has it helped my organization?

I function through LogMeIn, because it gives me everything I need. I spend all my days working in LogMeIn.

It is pretty invaluable, especially if you are an IT support person.

What is most valuable?

• Remote access is really the biggest one, because in order to be able to support my clients from wherever I am, that is the biggest feature.
  • The ability to manipulate and do things to the computer and file manager, then boot to safe mode, and see what is going on and track alerts. I use it all.

What needs improvement?

The antivirus. I do not like the antivirus, and the update issues are an absolute pain. It says it is updating things, but the updates do not go through, and you try your hardest to get the updates to go through and they don't. You go to the PC, but there is no update there, then you go back and it says there are updates.

It is a very vicious circle/cycle with it.

I manage 160 machines and it says there are updates. I run the updates. They do not run. Well, what happened?

I will go into the machine and I will run all the updates, then it says they are done. I come back, check the LogMeIn screen, and it says there are four updates. Well no, there is not. I can't clear the updates. I can't make it go away. The computer says there are no more updates and my screen is lit up like a Christmas tree because there is a bunch of yellow (updates that haven't run) on it due to the updates and patches.

I ran them, but they are not there, they won't run, and I don't know how to clear them. It's very frustrating, especially when you're trying to do that. If I have to manually open every single box, click updates and patches, and log in and log off, it defeats the purpose. The LogMeIn is supposed to allow me to push updates to all my machines. It is not doing that, so that is a very big frustration.

I have spent hours and weekends going through and correcting buttons, and it does not make a difference. I have not changed many of them. I could show you screens of them now and it is the same thing. Intel updates Intel patches, this won't run, etc. It just doesn't clear and drives you nuts. Plus, you can't tell if you spent time on the machine or not because it has not gone away.

Also, there are some screens that are just ugly and difficult to manipulate.

More than five years.

A long time ago, I had issues with the stability. I have not issues in sometime.

It is able to handle everything that I have got. I am by no means a large size organization, but I have not come anywhere close to any maxing out anything.

I have not had to call them many times. I have called a few times, but most times I have not really had to, so when I have everything has been all right.

No complaints here.

I have used many. I chose LogMeIn because it gives me everything I need.

I have used SolarWinds, BeAnywhere, Bomgar, and all kinds of different things over the years.

It just took some work configuring around. I did have a little help when I first set it all up, but I have not really needed anything ever since.

It sucks that I am paying for LogMeIn Central, LogMeIn Pro, and LogMeIn Rescue, plus LogMeIn Ignition, which is the mobile app. It costs me a lot of money every month at LogMeIn.

It really is an expensive product for me.

I still run SolarWinds. I have TeamViewer, I have other products that I still run as well. It is just I have LogMeIn on absolutely everything I support, because it is the most flexible tool. I can even access it from my phone.

It is a big deal to have it on mobile. Here is a good example. I just had a network in a building recently with issues and 45 machines in there that went offline. Therefore, I simply went to my phone, then went to each PC, and as they came back online, I could see on my phone as I went from place to place which machines still needed to be reset.

I did not have to follow up and log into a computer. I did not have to run around doing whatever. I could just access it right from my phone and tell what was going on.

I have even supported PCs with just my phone. It is not pretty, mind you, but I have done it.

I remember ages ago having stability issues (though now it has been very good since). But because of this, I ended up working with so many third-party people, and they would go, "Well, we have this for a product." Then, I would show them what I can do with LogMeIn, and there was no comparison. I can do so much more than they can with their remote control programs.

What other advice do I have?

I would not want to tell other companies about it because it is so powerful, it does so much, and it makes me look so good. If somebody is looking at it seriously, or everything that it allows them to do, it is a very good product.

Demo

LogMeIn Central includes patch management, automation capabilities, & more.