LogMeIn Central Review

We can remotely access our clients' workstation servers, but speed and screen resolution are drawbacks

What is most valuable?

Remote access, we can remote access our clients, the workstation servers. We also use the reporting.

Everything we use in there is for remote access. That's really it. There are some other features, but I don't particularly use them. There's file transfer, I use that occasionally. Event logs, I'll use that occasionally. But mostly, I would say 90%, is remote access.

What needs improvement?

The screen. Make it clearer. The screen resolutions don't always line up. So clarity of the screen, and speed.

More than five years.

Occasionally, we encounter issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

We haven't really used the tech support.

It may have been pcAnywhere or Carbon Copy. It was so long ago that I don't remember.

It's simple.

It's getting more expensive and we are starting to evaluate other products. It's starting to become unaffordable.

We didn't really evaluate other products at the time.

What other advice do I have?

We don't leverage LogMeIn Central to keep end-points secure, we have our own, a different anti-virus that we use. There is some of our infrastructure in there, but it's mostly our clients'. And we're using Azure.

My advice is, be careful. At first it was free. Just be careful about the escalation.

I rank it as a seven out of 10. It would be a 10 if it was faster and the screen resolutions were clearer.