LogMeIn Central Review

Provides remote access, allows me to get inside our network to fix problems

What is our primary use case?

Remote access.

How has it helped my organization?

If I need to make a change on a server that’s not accessible to the internet, then I can connect to my LogMeIn account, then from our console into the server, or I can use LogMeIn directly to the server, if it’s on there.

What is most valuable?

The biggest thing is remote access, to be able to get inside our network to be able to fix problems.

What needs improvement?

It does what I need it to do. We are an educational institution, so anything to make it cheaper would be better because we don’t grow money on trees.

Three to five years.

No issues with stability. It's always there when I need it.

We don’t use it that often, but when we have it works.

I don’t think I’ve ever called the tech support.

This is our first of its kind that we've used.

It was straightforward.

It would be nice to have educational pricing.

What other advice do I have?

We’ve got 30 servers and 600 employees, so each one of them has a desktop. But they don’t use LogMeIn. We don’t do any asset management through LogMeIn. Everything is on-premise.

It works. We don’t use it as an enterprise solution, we’ve only got a couple people that use it. I don’t know the capability of it if you were to have 300 people using it. We just use it every now and then when we’ve got to connect to a certain machine, when we’re not on site.