LogMeIn Central Review

Enables me to provide unattended remote assistance, but cost is an issue

What is our primary use case?

I support our employees' hardware in ten locations and anywhere they are working that has connectivity.  We use RDS from MS and Logmein allows me to help my employees where ever they are.

How has it helped my organization?

No one needs to wait for assistance, I am a phone call away.  This means less down time and less travel time.

What is most valuable?

Unattended remote assistance is the most valuable for us – I save travel time and money.  As long as an employee leaves their computer on and connected to the Internet I can take care of things and have them all set to go upon their return.

What needs improvement?

The price needs improvement. It is ridiculously expensive now, and no features have really changed.

More than five years.

Yes, the initial load is terribly slow and often has delays with the login page loading.

I'm not sure as the price is too high for us to go above 100 computers so I just remove ones that are resting and add ones currently deployed.

I can’t even get someone to update my billing information. I haven’t needed tech support for this product, but the tech support I get with GTM and OV is very slow and tedious.

WebEx and it was clunky back then and expensive.

Pretty straightforward.

I implemented this without a vendor team.

I've never taken the time to compare the miles I would drive and the time lost traveling, but am sure that our ROI is huge.

It is expensive. You should compare the annual fee to your mileage budget before you purchase.

The CIO before me used WebEx, but it was slow and more expensive back then. I think it is cheaper now but I am used to LogMeIn.

What other advice do I have?

I support POS hardware/software, over 100 desktops and laptops. I use Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud for anti-virus, but LogMeIn Central for OS updates and  fixes. Everything is on-premise.

Check around for other options. If you don’t need unassisted remote access then there are free products that work just as well.