LogMeIn Central Review

Provides end-to-end security; the two-step login system is great

What is our primary use case?

To remote to other computers. I have a couple of servers that I mainly use it for. Also some computers, desktops.

How has it helped my organization?

It has saved me time because I don't have to go on-site. I can just do it remotely.

What is most valuable?

The Remote Control feature and file transfer feature. The Remote Control and the Rescue feature are the main ones that I use.

What needs improvement?

The file transfer could be better. They could make it a lot easier to deal with. If you use the TeamViewer file transfer, you click on the file here that you want to transfer, and you say where you want to transfer it on the desktop, and you hit "receive" or "send." If you hit "send," it just sends it right over to the desktop, whereas LogMeIn Central is not that intuitive. It's a lot harder to figure out.

The LogMeIn Rescue could be made a lot easier where you could just tell the person where to go and log in, and they could just log in. Or even make it simpler where you could just send a file to a person and they would click on it; just something easier. The way they have it right now, it's not easy. If they could make it easier for the desktops, that would be great.

More than five years.

No issues with stability.

I think it's fine in terms of scalability. I think the end-to-end security on it, in and of itself, is really good. I use the two-step login system and it's great.

I used UltraVNC. I switched because I liked the encryption and the security of LogMeIn.

It's pretty straightforward.

The only thing I found is that they've gotten very, very expensive over the years. I started out with about about 100 users on it. Two years ago it was about $600 for 100 users. Now, it's that price for 25 users.

The price is crazy. Now, I just use it for the servers that I work on and I don't use it for desktops anymore. I use TeamViewer for the desktops.

I think they're ridiculously expensive. I am now looking at other options.

I'm looking into TeamViewer and UltraVNC, now.

What other advice do I have?

I don't use Central to keep my end-points secure. All the infrastructure is private. I don't do any cloud.

It's worked well for me except for the cost. That's the only thing that's deterring me now.