LogMeIn Pro Review

I don't have to physically run to another location, I have functionality from here

What is our primary use case?

Business. I use it for moving data between machines and offices.

How has it helped my organization?

I don't have to physically run to another location. I can run it from right here. I have four different computers in my network that are not in my office. I can connect to them remotely and do all the functions I would have to do by manually driving to them, so it does make things a lot easier.

What is most valuable?

It's all good. I connect to other computers in the network I use, so I don't have to physically go to them. I use it for remote printing, and repay work, and more. I'm using it all the time.

What needs improvement?

I don't know its full capability of use. I'm trying to remote print rather than hook up to the computers, I'm not too savvy with that, so I'm doing it the old fashion way, hooking up the computer to remote print.

But really, everything is there if you're tech-savvy.

One thing I do notice, at certain times of the day, during the "rush hour," it's very slow. I don't know if it's the latency of the internet or the amount of people on it in the afternoon at 4:00, 5:00pm. Getting data transferred takes a longer time than other times of the day. That is probably not LogMeIn's issue, but it's definitely an issue with the speed of transferring data.

But all in all, I don't have anything to fix. It's quite a good tool.

Three to five years.

It's very stable.

It's scalable. It works on all machines.

I had an issue a few years back, and it was resolved. But I haven't had to use much tech support. But, all in all, the tech support is good.

I always had LogMeIn from the beginning. When I needed remote access, I always had it. For quite a while.

It was pretty straightforward when I logged in and I realize how I could connect to computers. It took me a while but, once I got it, it just became an every day thing. I'm probably not using all the features of it. I'm trying to figure out how I can remotely just print to a printer without using a computer, but I don't think that's possible.

Pricing is what I'm upset with. Now, that they bought everybody up, the price doubled.

Originally, I just had my three computers in one office, so I had no need for it. Then, as I broke the office up, the first thing I saw was PCAnywhere, years ago. I saw somebody used that. Then I went onto the internet way back and I saw LogMeIn. They were local, so I went with that and I have stayed with it ever since.

What other advice do I have?

It's working, it does what I want it to do. I'm able to connect everybody, move files around.

I would give it a nine out of 10 because it's reliable.

I would just say just try it.