LogMeIn Pro Review
Gives me the flexibility to be almost anywhere and have access to my information

What is our primary use case?

I use it to log in between computers when I'm remote, and we share it with our employees so they can log in as well.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us mobility. Most of our processes are in our main accounting software in our office. So, whether I'm there or I'm in Chicago or Philadelphia or Boston or wherever I might be, I can get access to it. If I get a customer that calls me while I'm traveling, I can actually get to the information by using it.

The biggest thing is the flexibility, you can use it as long as you can get an internet connection. You can use it pretty much anywhere you're at. It just makes it a lot easier. We are a small staff, and if nobody is in the office, LogMeIn gives us secure access to get in there.

What is most valuable?

The automation, where you don't have to keep entering the password and you can pull up the login client. That's the best thing because it just makes it simpler to use. You don't have to remember the password and the login all the time. Once you get it in there, it's in there, and you can go about your business.

What needs improvement?

It's never cheap enough. If we got it for free, that would be perfect. But I know it's not and won't be free. It's always going to be too expensive for me because we're a small company.

More than five years.

I have not had any issues with the product. Any time I have issues, it has to do with the machines that we're using.

We're using it for access. We don't use it for storage or file transfers or anything like that. It's adequate for what we do.

I don't have any problems with it. I have never had to call and get support because it's pretty simple to use and understand how it works. I have no complaints, to tell you the truth.

I never have used another solution. It always worked. It's working. I understand it. The only time I would change is if the price got prohibitive enough to make me look for something.

Personally I don't remember (it's been many years). Apparently, it's not too complex because I was able to do it. I don't think it's that complex.

We're paying $839 a year, so we're paying about $70 a month. We're using the smallest version of Pro. But like I said, it's easy to use. We just don't have any qualms with it at all.

We could set up our own access, but we're small and for what this costs us, it's worth it.

I've been using it for 10 years. I used it at another company before we started our company, and I didn't even look for anything else when I did it the second time. I just went to LogMeIn and signed up. I needed something that I knew was going to work, and I had previous experience with it, and I liked it, didn't have any issues, and I was familiar with it.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell others who are looking into this solution that I feel that it's a secure solution. I never had any issues with its security element. I think that it's very simple to use. I think it is user-friendly, and you can work between computers pretty well on it, which is the most important thing to us.

It gives you a lot of flexibility when it comes to travel. It doesn't matter where you're at. I mean, I traveled overseas to Vietnam and was able to log in. You log in from anywhere in the world. So from that standpoint, it gives you access 24/7 no matter where you're at. I use it a lot from home if I'm working at night. The flexibility and the usability is probably the best part.

I give it a 10 out of 10 because I haven't had any issues with it at all. It is not something I worry about.

I'm probably the first to try something new, as well. I do know there are other ways we could do it without having to spend that kind of money. But it's not worth the effort right now for what we would save.