LogMeIn Pro Review

I can login to my computer, go into all of my software, and work from a remote location

What is our primary use case?

I am not a power user. I can login to my office computer when I am at a remote location, primarily just from my laptop at home. I actually have my laptop in LogMeIn, but I never go the other way, I just login to my main computer remotely.

How has it helped my organization?

It is pretty simple. I can login to my office computer, go into all of my software, and work from a remote location, as well as look up stuff: mail and stuff like that.

What is most valuable?

The ability to login remotely, which is pretty opposite. That is the important part.

What needs improvement?

I can't talk to anyone over the phone via LogMeIn. Everything has to be done over the web, via email, or something like that. You can't talk to a human being. That bothers me a lot.

More than five years.

I have not had stability issues lately. I was having issues when I was typing into a word document. It would start filling into what I had already typed, but I have not experienced that in a while, so I think that has probably been corrected.

I don't need scalability, because I'm a one man band with a one-to-one computer.

I have never been able to talk to anybody. As I recall, there is no phone support. I have not had any issues with support, but I was not able to talk to anybody.

No. This solution was recommended by my IT guy eight to 10 years ago.

It must have been straightforward. My IT person set it up for me. It is a friendly program. The only problem I had was I needed help one time setting my audio on the remote computer.

It is pricey. When they renew me, they always boost it up, I call them and they cut it back a little bit. However, I just bite the bullet.

I have a tiered pricing. If I wanted to subscribe for three years, I will get a discount for that.

It was picked for me by my IT person.

I also use GoToMeeting, but I don't hold meetings with it, I just use it to view meetings.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend LogMeIn. Over the years, I have just had minor technical issues. I am happy with the product.