LogMeIn Pro Review

I can work from anywhere, correct problems, and train people remotely

What is our primary use case?

I live in one state and I connect to my computer that is about five to six states away on a daily basis. We are a convenience store chain, we've got 69 convenience stores, and I use it to remotely connect to them as well, to support our back office software.

How has it helped my organization?

Our whole business operates off of the internet. For example, one our stores is located in Ashland, Kentucky. Let's say our store in Berea, Kentucky, which is about three and a half hours away, has a problem where it's simply a check-box that needs to be marked. I, or one of our other support technicians, can log into the computer in Berea from anywhere in Kentucky, or from another store, and check the box and, in a matter of seconds, be done with the job and have corrected the problem. Whereas before, we would have had to have driven all the way to the location and have used up an entire work day to check a box. It's a major time saver.

It just saves us a ton of drive time to correct issues with our back office software spreadsheets. We can correct anything, and I can work from anywhere and correct problems, and walk people through things. I can use it for training, which I have done. As a person sits in front of the computer they can watch what I do, or I can watch what they do.

What is most valuable?

The remote connection is the most valuable, but we also use it for file transfer, that would be probably the second most valuable. The remote connection is a major time saver, it saves us from having to drive to each location.

What needs improvement?

I haven't really found anything that I would want to improve, it meets all of our needs. If I had to point out one thing, it would be that it is expensive.

More than five years.

No, we've never really had any issues with connections, or being able to access the website. We've never really had any problems.

No, we've not had any issues. As of right now, we're able to access every computer that we need to access.

I've not had to contact technical support for anything.

No, we did not have a previous solution. We found LogMeIn - we also used the non-Pro version. We found it and it has been the best fit for us and we've not tried anything else. I don't foresee us trying anything else. I use the iPhone app, I use the iPad app. While I'm riding in a vehicle, I can use the iPad app to connect and resolve issues, that's why I've never really needed to try anything else.

It's very simple, very simple to set up. It's even simple to remotely add a computer to our group. We can send a link to that computer and they just follow the prompts on the screen and they are ready to go - we can access it. It's very user-friendly.

It is expensive, but in the long run we still come out ahead, because it saves us so much labor and downtime driving from one location to the other. In the end it's well worth the expense.

To my knowledge, we did not evaluate any other options.

What other advice do I have?

Do it, don't hesitate, just do it, because it will be worth it.

If I could give it an 11 out of 10 I would, but I definitely give it a 10. It saves me time, it saves me headaches, it saves me a lot of problems, and I'm able to fix things quickly and move on. I can get in and out of the computer without anyone really even knowing that I fixed something.

It's just the ease of use and the time it saves, I couldn't ask for a better software to do what we need it to do.