LogMeIn Pro Review

Remote access to my computer allows me to work from home at night

What is our primary use case?

Everything from remote access to my computer, to helping my 91-year-old dad on his computer.

How has it helped my organization?

Being able to remote access my computer means I can work at night from my house, so I can catch up and get stuff done. Then, my dad is 91, and he needs lots of help, so being able to log in and share the screen with him is a big benefit.

So not having to drive up to my office at night to work, and not having to drive over to my dad's house to help him on the computer.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs improvement. Mostly, it's pretty intuitive for what I need to do, but the extra elements to it seem very complex, so I don't really try to even use those. For example, document sharing, file stuff. I can do the log-in part, but the additional features are kind of complex.

More than five years.

I think it's been stable. There have been times when it has been down, but they are very few and far between.

It's able to handle what I do.

When I've had to call for help they've been really good.

I used GoToMyPC. LogMeIn had better pricing for the number of computers that I needed to do, and I think the desktop app is nice with LogMeIn Pro. I used them at the time for quite a while, and then I chose to go with LogMeIn Pro as a full-time solution.

It's pretty straightforward. I set up new computers all the time or replace ones out. It's pretty easy.

It's pretty fair for up to five computers I think (it might be three - it's either three or five). After that, it gets a little expensive, so if they could get a little bit more aggressive on how many computers you can add in, that would be great.

GoToMyPC was the big one.

What other advice do I have?

Most companies can do better on their user interface, just because if it's got any complexity to it, if it's not intuitive, you're just not going to get or keep as many users. So user interface is always going to be something that companies need to work on.

I'd say it's a 10 out of 10. There's room for improvement, but for what I need it for, it's great. They just need to make the user interface a little more intuitive, a little more easy to use, especially for some of the additional things, besides the remote access.