LogMeIn Pro Review

Technical support was able to address everything that I asked in a timely, responsible, satisfactory manner

What is our primary use case?

It connects me with my computers that I have located in different places. If I am on travel, I can connect back to my computer.

I have been using the product for well over 20 years.

How has it helped my organization?

Reliability is probably the strongest thing that I have observed. Maybe fewer clicks that are required to get the organization up and operational. Those are probably the two things: ease of use and reliability.

I do take complete control of other computers, though I do not print remotely very often. Rarely do I do that, but I will copy files down and print. I will take material from a computer and print at my location, wherever I happen to be. More so, I can copy information and put it into a presentation that I may be putting together at another location.

What is most valuable?

The ability to easily connect back and retrieve data from the computer systems that I have.

What needs improvement?

I do not use it a lot, but I would enhance the product, so if I had two screens in front of me, it could connect to two computers simultaneously with the program. For example, if I had a computer at location A and a computer at location B and I am sitting at location C, it might be nice for me to be able to be connected to all three of those computers and move data between those three during one session.

More than five years.

Not in recent years. In the past, there were occasions. However, in the last seven years, stability has not been an issue.

This is not something that I even push. My needs are fairly simple. I move a few files around, which are critical files. However, they are important both for security as well as for their small amounts of data.

I have not had to upgrade anything. Everything has been very transparent and  easy in regard to scalability.

The product is stable enough that I have not had to contact them very often. I do send technical support an email maybe once every couple of years to ask questions. They are very reliable as far as responding within a reasonable amount of time. I would approximate less than 24 hours, and they were able to address everything that I asked in a timely, responsible, satisfactory manner.

I probably did use some VNC, but that was 20 years ago in the computer world. It was a much different place than it is today. So, I probably did evaluate, read reviews, and looked at things.

I did use LogMeIn along with GoToMyPC. For a while, I actually used them side-by-side.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

Lower the price for an individual user.

The company does not scale the price based upon use. I can understand why it would be charged for somebody who is a heavy user, but for someone like myself who uses it maybe a couple of hours a week or less, the price is a bit exorbitant.

GoToMyPC. There were some features in it, which made me start looking elsewhere. I started using LogMeIn and there was possibly a third product.

Once I landed on LogMeIn, they were so reliable, and they fitted my needs so well, that I have been satisfied ever since.

What other advice do I have?

I have been so satisfied with the product that I have not been motivated to shop what is out there today. I am very satisfied with the LogMeIn product and I have not been tempted to even go out and look for something else. In all fairness, anyone who wants to buy any piece of computer software today, though it does not even have to be computer software (it can be any product), I encourage them to shop the market and compare. However, I am very happy to say that I have been very satisfied with the LogMeIn product, except for the escalation of the price.