LogMeIn Rescue Review

Reduces our support time because we can see our client's screen and address the issue

What is our primary use case?

We use it primarily for support of our clients. It allows us to get remote access to their computers, with their permission, to review how our software works or to address issues or to do some training items.

How has it helped my organization?

Answering questions that normally might take 10, 15, or 20 minutes, if we were trying to explain things over the phone, can be done in five minutes or less when we can see their screen.

The solution has increased end-user satisfaction. They're less likely to avoid calling us or to be frustrated because they know they can get issues answered fairly quickly. They're not sitting on the phone having to explain what the problem is. They can call us up, bring us online, and we can see what the issue is and address it faster. They're happy about that.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability for people to use LogMeIn's app that we install with our software, to bring us online with one click, so we can view their computer screens. It's easy and a lot of folks like it.

For a technician who is providing support it's fairly easy. I can't think of anything that would be negative about it or where there have been any challenges associated with it.

What needs improvement?

The solution definitely needs better integration. Reporting is also another part that is lacking. It needs better integration with other CRM products and things like that.

We use other products from LogMeIn that have their own, additional costs. None of them really work together. Rescue is really on its own, but it would be nice if I didn't have to use two different products when they could be blended together into one.

And the app itself requires so many different updates, requiring us to rebuild it every time, and that's been a bit of a problem, over the last five years, in keeping it up to date for our clients.

From time to time they would have learning sessions to help us learn about new features, but they've become sales pitches as opposed to getting into deeper technology for how we could use it better. They haven't really improved much of it, as far as new features and functionality go. That seems to be lacking in that product.

Also, their ability to support mobile has been really problematic. I've seen other products that have done a better job in supporting mobile products. LogMeIn has just never been able to come up to par there, and that would be a detractor. They've been talking about supporting mobile for 10-plus years, and I really haven't seen any improvement on that.

We have been using LogMeIn Rescue for 10-plus years.

We haven't had one issue, as far as reliability goes. It's never been down. It's never caused any major issues or outages or anything like that. Having it for 10-plus years and not having an issue with is better than Google and some of the other ones we've dealt with. It's very good.

That level of reliability is important because it gives us the ability to get online with people, and support them and engage with them when they call in. It would just take more of our time, more effort on our part, and cause more frustration to our clients if it were not working. It does make a big difference.

When I opened up tickets with LogMeIn earlier on, 10-plus years ago when we first started with it, all the issues were answered fairly quickly and were addressed.

In recent years when we might have had questions or issues, it has taken a lot longer, to a point that oftentimes we just don't even bother. I would bring up the various challenges that we have with the account reps at the renewals, and they would then get some person involved in explaining them or saying that they were going to go back to the developers to bring them up and get them fixed, but nothing has ever really been addressed when it comes to the major side of things. They just keep doing what they're doing and saying that's what it is.

Back then (10-plus years ago) the setup was in between straightforward and complex. I wouldn't say it was the easiest, as far as the deployments go. And their interface really hasn't changed much. It's a little older-looking. What our clients see is fine, but the backend interface hasn't been updated in awhile.

There weren't any issues with the initial deployment. It went fairly quickly. But since then, in the last five years or so, there really haven't been any major improvements to it.

When we deployed it, training didn't really take that long. We figured out most of it and were able to build in automations to make it a seamless integration, so that our clients could call on the phone or click the link on our client installed in their software on-prem, and they would bring us online. There are little challenges you run into with internet connectivity and firewalls and the like, but we were able to get around them. And with some of the updates they've done to the product over the years, they've made that a little bit more streamlined, but it's still problematic at times.

Overall, our deployment didn't take more than about a week. We just bought it and started using it and showed it to our folks internally. We were a much smaller company back then too, so it was only a couple of us using it.

We did it all internally.

I don't have to hire as many employees for support and I have happier customers who say they get good support. That helps in selling to other potential customers. That's a major point of what we do in our business: client retention and client satisfaction. This product specifically helps us in those areas.

The vendor's reliability provides me with peace of mind. Over the 10-plus years, we've literally had no issues with it going down or with it causing any problems or causing issues when our end-users are trying to get access to it. And, at the most, we've had minimal issues associated with the clients themselves using it.

I did look into a couple of other products, TeamViewer in particular, at one point. The price point of Rescue, compared to some of the other things that are in the marketplace right now, is high. But it's what I would call the "Cadillac" of the industry.

That being said, it's been very reliable and it just works. That is what it comes down to, so we just accept that and pay for it.

The licensing is pretty straightforward. It is what it is. It's just a high price. They did have a concurrent pricing model that, in the end, didn't make sense for us because we use it too often.

The pros, when it comes to Rescue, are that it works and it's been reliable. Also, my user-base, my employees as well as my clients, are very used to it. That's just the way that we interact with them.

The negatives are that the price keeps going up. Their pricing has been a little unreasonable, in some cases, but we just grin and bear it.

Also, while they're keeping up with their technology, the way their product works, it essentially looks the same as it did 10-plus years ago. Most other vendors have at least upgraded and added newer features, but LogMeIn really hasn't. That being said, it still works well, so it's not a big detractor, but it could use a little cleanup. Other cons for Rescue are the update of their apps that we install and customize, and their lack of mobile support or doing anything about mobile support.

In addition to looking at TeamViewer, we have Zoom accounts, obviously, so some people use them for support. There were a couple of other products out there that were free or cheap that we used to use before going over to Rescue, but there were so many challenges, and we had to stand up servers to deal with them, and then security issues came into play with them so we had to get rid of them.

What other advice do I have?

I would steer potential users of Rescue away from the client app and tell them to just use the PIN. There are a lot of benefits to using the client app, but they don't keep it up to date or make it easier to deploy. The way that they've created the client app is a little antiquated, and it doesn't really do what they say it does.

We have eight licenses now, and the roles of the users of the solution in our company are support technicians, deployment technicians, and there are a couple of people who use it to do training. Deployment and maintenance are done by me.

They say it does more. You can set it up so that it can do remote access, unattended, for certain computers and servers, but we've found that their other product, LogMeIn Pro, is better suited for that.

Overall, LogMeIn Rescue is a tool that we use that has been effective. We've been using it for so long, it's just the way we do stuff. That's what it comes down to. I give it a solid eight out of 10. It's not a total 10, but it definitely is a solid product. It's dependable and does what we need it to do. I do feel it's overpriced, but it provides the specific functionality that we need.

More LogMeIn Rescue reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
Learn what your peers think about LogMeIn Rescue. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
473,605 professionals have used our research since 2012.