LogMeIn Rescue Review
It allows us virtually unlimited computers for remote access on Unattended

What is most valuable?

1. Being able to reboot computers into safe mode, when needed. That has come in handy in regards to IT troubleshooting.
  2. We use "Unattended Access".

How has it helped my organization?

When we work with clients remotely, they usually always come back. They are recurring clients. So, it is real easy when we work with them, and we are using LogMeIn Rescue that we put LogMeIn Unattended on there. This allows us to remote into their computers or servers whenever they request speeding up the time to connect without having to send them a website and give them a code to get us in.

It allows us virtually unlimited computers for remote access on Unattended. Where with LogMeIn Pro, or any other product, you have to pay on a computer-by-computer basis. With Rescue, you are just paying per technician license, and there is no limit to the amount of computers you can have set up for Unattended. The majority of our clients, we set them all up that way: their servers and their computers. This way, we can get in, and there is no additional cost to us.

That is why we have been using it as long as we have. The fact that it is accessible from both Mac and PC comes in handy, because we can work from any platform into any platform.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a mobile client that would work on an iPad, so I do not always have to be on a PC or a full-blown Mac operating system. I would like it to have an iPad client, like their LogMeIn Pro has. Therefore, I can get into clients computers from my iPad. At the moment, I do not have that capability for providing IT support from an iPad.

It is been that way for a long time. I do not know if it is not a capability of their system, or if they just do not want to invest in it.

About 10 years.

For the most part, it has been stable.

I would say over the last year, we have experienced more crashes with it, or disconnects. It is tough to tell if that is related to just internet connections flaking out, or if it is something on their end. Definitely on the Mac side of things, like when High Sierra came out, it was not compatible. Then, prior to that, if I would disconnect any sessions, it would often freeze up LogMeIn Rescue on the Mac, then I would have to force quit it and restart it. I have not had to do that as much since High Sierra, but prior to that, that was pretty common.

Over the last year, we have had more stability issues than we have experienced previously, but it has not been a deterrent or hindrance. Just more of an annoyance when it happens.

No issues. You subscribe to however many technician seats that you want. I think we have seven or eight. Oftentimes, we are collaborating with multiple technicians on the same support call, so that is what really comes in handy, is that scalability of being able to invite another technician to pop in on the session, or to pass it over to a technician when want to hand it off to somebody else. So that is another great feature set that we use.

We rarely ever call them for support, but when we have, it has been very good. I would give them a 10 out of 10.

I am the one who made the decision to switch to LogMeIn Rescue, based on the Rescue Technician licenses. Prior to that, we were probably using whatever version of LogMeIn existed back then, their desktop client version, or we were probably using pcAnywhere.

It is very simple and straightforward. I think any IT professional could hop on and use it without needing much training whatsoever. It is not complicated at all.

The only downside is pricing. I think each technician license is somewhere around $100 or $120 a month now. So if you have a lot of technicians, it can get expensive, for a small business.

However, big businesses like Intuit use it to troubleshoot QuickBook support calls. You have small to enormous businesses that use this product. That probably says it all. If somebody like Intuit is using it, then it has to be fairly solid and robust.

No, I was at a small business technology trade show (one of Microsoft's S&B trade shows), and the uniqueness of LogMeIn Rescue pretty much sold itself. I do not recall if there were other products there. We have been using it ever since, and have not needed to look any further for anything else.

What other advice do I have?

I do not have any shortcomings with the product at all. It meets our exact needs for what it does and how we use it.

Free Trial

Get a FREE two-week trial of LogMeIn Rescue.