LogMeIn Rescue Review

It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions

What is our primary use case?

It is a remote desktop support platform, so primarily we use it in that function to support our company.

How has it helped my organization?

Before we were using this, everything either had to be in-person, or one computer at a time. There was no way to access multiple computers, or share between technicians. This has allowed us to do all that while supporting everybody inside and outside our company simultaneously. It is much easier and simpler than anything else with a URL and code.

What is most valuable?

It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions. File transfer, screen capture, video replay.

What needs improvement?

Network browsing and connecting on the LAN, because if you can't see the computers on your network, what good is the product?

Also, they need to improve their technical support.

More than five years.

It is stable.

No issues with scalability. It is a fairly simple model. If I wanted to add five more, I would just buy five more people and licenses, apply the program to their computers, and give them their login. It is a pretty easy process to get done.

Technical support is adequate. They are pretty focused on what it is that they do, and if there are any problems outside of that, they are not impressive.

Previously, we just used Remote Desktop and in-person sessions.

The initial setup is easy. If you want the desktop program, you just download and install it. There are no problems.

In-house

That's relative.

The rescue model is licensed by user. I have five users licensed.

The pricing is worth the value.

I never evaluated anybody else when purchasing this solution. There are other options now, but not that many options six years ago.

I have tried Bomgar, and some other items for this, but none of them when I was initially looking for a solution. At that time, LogMeIn was the best on the market.