LogMeIn Rescue Review

Convenient remote access for our team, but doesn't work well on smart devices

What is our primary use case?

I am working for an IT support company and we require tools to service our clients and our in-house department.

How has it helped my organization?

We have an application, our LogMeIn application, a one-click application. Because we have employees in different locations, we have given them this application, so when they click the application, they have remote access. It's easy for us, they don't have to call us. They don't have to talk to us. They don't have to do anything other than simply click, and they are connected to the IT office, so they can help people out.

What is most valuable?

LogMeIn remote tool is a high priority for business, that's for sure. We require a remote tool. It's mainly for remotely doing business and doing jobs, so we don't have to go there.

What needs improvement?

How the accounts work is one thing that needs improving. The account people always recommend one thing and and something different happens. I was in a monthly commitment, paying them monthly. My credit card got changed at the point in time LogMeIn was trying to run the payment and it didn't go through. I gave the new credit card to LogMeIn, they processed the payment. A week after that, I got a call from my bank saying they want to charge me for the next year. I told my bank to stop the payment because I am paying a monthly cost, I have a budget. You cannot ask me for a year commitment at the moment. I have a year commitment to the program, we have signed the contract, but the agreement was to pay monthly.

Secondly, the product needs improvement on mobile interfaces because on mobile devices it doesn't perform very well. On computers, it is good, with desktops, laptops, it is good. Sometimes iPad is good, but going with other devices, like Android or Windows on smart phones, it's always a problem.

Three to five years.

No issues with stability.

Scalability is okay.

My experience with tech support has been good.

I was with Bomgar, but Bomgar used to provide me hardware to install, so that was the reason I left it. Otherwise, I liked Bomgar better than LogMeIn, actually. But the issue was that in every center you have to install their hardware, so that was the problem for me.

LogMeIn setup is pretty simple.

I have a few others I work with. I have to keep them because you cannot rely on one. You never know.

What other advice do I have?

I would say LogMeIn is good. If you are really looking for nice reporting, a nice tool, go to LogMeIn.

I give it a seven out of 10 because of the service issues and the product not being available for 100% of what I do. I do work on smart devices. LogMeIn doesn't perform. They do commit to it performing, but it does not actually perform.