LogMeIn Rescue Review
we're able to log in when an issue happens and address it, so there's minimal downtime

What is our primary use case?

To support users in the field.

How has it helped my organization?

Because we have many users in the field, the only time they would ever come to the corporate office is on a Monday, so if something would happen to go wrong on a Tuesday, the issue couldn't get resolved for a full week.

Now it's almost instantaneous. The issue happens, we're able to log in at the time that it happens and address the issue, so there's minimal downtime.

The ability see iOS devices helps us out a lot because the majority of our users are iOS device users. That is a great feature that's helped us tremendously over the course of the year. Because, to have an individual who doesn't know much about computers try to explain to you what the issue is, and you're trying to navigate them through menus, it's kind of difficult, especially when they're not that savvy with either iOS or the device itself.

What is most valuable?

The ability to remotely access the desktop, or remotely log in to the user's interface to see what they're doing and interact with them.

What needs improvement?

I would think it needs better iOS integration. It's still limited in its functionality when it comes to iOS. Currently, when you do something other than iOS, you're not able to take control of what's going on; instead of having to tell the user, "Click here, click there," I would like to have full control over an iOS device, if that were possible.

The other thing I'd like to see, because we are also a LogMeIn client, would be that at some time the two would integrate so I don't have two different platforms to manage.

I've never had any of stability issues. I've never had an issue where I was unable to use it for an extended period of time. Most of the time, if there is an issue, it is more internet based, or user based. Nothing with the product itself, though.

Because we only support about 100 users, but we never get many concurrent calls, whatever it offers now is perfect for us. It's not limited in its capabilities.

It was a good experience. The person I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the product, and was straightforward with me about its capabilities. There was no fluff about the product. They basically said, this is not available now and we're hoping to have it available in the third or fourth quarter. It was nice to talk to someone who was straightforward and knew about the product.

We did have another solution. It wasn't as user-friendly on the user side - not so much on my side, on the user side. I really needed something to tell the end user, "Just go to this website and install the product," and be done. The other product, I had to install it, make sure it was running when the laptop started. If it wasn't running, to tell the user how to start the product was an issue. So we just abandoned that whole solution.

Very simple. Go to a website, put in the meeting ID and just install the app that comes up. Straightforward, no issues. The software is pretty self-explanatory.

It's definitely worth the value.

At that time I was using LogMeIn, and I was very happy with that product, so when they started pushing Rescue, I demo-ed it and it was very similar to LogMeIn so I decided to go that route.

What other advice do I have?

I would just tell them to do it. It's a very easy solution. It will save them a ton of man-hours and downtime if they invest in this software, because again, it's very easy to use, it's very efficient.

At this point in time I'd give it an eight out of 10. I'd like to see, again, more iOS integration, the flexibility to work with iPads and iPhones a little more easily would definitely make the product top-notch. When it comes to PCs and Androids it's a non issue. It's a great product for Windows, Mac, and Android, but when it comes to iOS, it's still kind of limited.

Free Trial

Get a FREE two-week trial of LogMeIn Rescue.