LogMeIn Rescue Review

Increased our customer satisfaction and staff productivity

What is our primary use case?

We use it for customer support (desktop and application support). Customers will call us about an error message or how to do something, then we log into their screen and take over, guiding them. We also use this solution for upgrades. When we want to upgrade a local software, we log in and take over to transfer the files and upgrade.

We are using the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed me to do business worldwide, supporting clients no matter where they are, connecting into most environments and helping end users with their application needs.

It has helped me to do support with as few technicians as possible so I could maximize my customers and keep my technicians at a minimum.

What is most valuable?

It is fast. It has many features, such as transferring a file or taking over the computer. I can darken the screen if I don't want somebody to see what I'm doing. I can reboot the computer without the presence of the user. When I lose Internet connection, it reconnects me again. I also can invite another technician to help me with something.

What needs improvement?

The two problems that I have with LogMeIn are:

1. Sales is very eschewed when they come to negotiating an agreement.
  2. The billing team was poor when fixing their billing mistake and customer service was missing in action. The was the first week in January, not during the coronavirus crisis.

About 15 years.

It is very stable.

We do about one hour of maintenance a month to make sure the people who are there belong there.

It's very scalable, both vertically and horizontally.

Our four users are technical support and trainers.

I had a big problem with LogMeIn in the beginning of the year. What happened is they messed up my billing and kept denying it. They kept sending me messages saying that my credit card was declined, but I have unlimited charging on my credit card. Since I knew there was nothing wrong with my credit card, I kept calling. Then one day I went from 25 user licenses (which is what I was supposed to have) down to eight. On that day, nobody would solve the issue when I called support or sales; nobody returned my call in sales nor support. Therefore, I decided to terminate the account and went with a different solution. Two weeks to a month later, they discovered that the error was on their end. It was then that they contacted me and offered me anything I wanted to bring me back, but it was too late. I had already signed an agreement with somebody else. Now, I'm using LogMeIn Rescue at a smaller scale. I did keep a LogMeIn account because I know it works really well, and sometimes, we have incompatibility with certain high security places where LogMeIn will usually work.

In 15 years, I never called for technical support. The solution is dumb-proof. However, we are a technology companies and help people with technical things. So, if you're technically savvy, you can figure it out with zero support.

I did switch in the middle of using LogMeIn Rescue, like eight years into its use. I found another solution which was a lot cheaper. After using it for two weeks, I found that our productivity was reduced by 70 percent. Also, technicians and customers were frustrated. Then, I switched back to LogMeIn right away.

I was involved in the setup. It was very easy and straightforward.

The deployment took an hour. When I deployed it, we set up an admin group and different levels of technicians, then different security levels for each group. After that, we showed people how to use it and got it up and running in a few hours.

You can be up and running with zero dedicated staff (or one person) for deployment in a couple hours. It would be different if you had a corporation, like Microsoft, who might be using the solution. Our organization has 40 employees, so I was able to get it up and running in a couple of hours.

We have see ROI with LogMeIn Rescue. Customer satisfaction went up by 40 percent and productivity for my staff went up by 30 percent.

While LogMeIn Rescue is a great product and a leader in the industry, it's way pricey. Price is the most negative thing about LogMeIn Rescue.

Right now, I'm using ScreenConnect, which is about $45 per technician. Unless I buy LogMeIn with a large license and commit for the long-term and prepay, I will have to pay almost $120 per user a month. It's almost three times the price over the normal price for ScreenConnect, which is very similar in regards to all of the features that LogMeIn Rescue can do.

I think LogMeIn may have a mobile license, but I don't support mobile devices yet. I think mobile devices need an additional license.

I also use ScreenConnect because it's owned by the ConnectWise who owns our CRM. ScreenConnect integrates really nicely with my CRM. It's very light and has a lot of the features. It doesn't look as sophisticated as LogMeIn Rescue, but it's doing the same work for a third of the price.

What other advice do I have?

if money is no object, LogMeIn Rescue is a great option. However, negotiate a good deal because prices can fluctuate between $79 and $120 per user a month.

Biggest lesson learnt: Sometimes cheap can be expensive.

I would rate this product as a nine (out of 10) for stability, reliability, scalability, and security.

More LogMeIn Rescue reviews from users