LogPoint Review

Excellent reporting features and a good dashboard

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is standard compliance to help the user's ability to navigate PCI DSS compliance or GDPR compliance. Besides that, if a user needs to do the log collection and correlation, the solution makes it easy.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution offers excellent reporting features. Our customers have been satisfied that they have been able to meet their compliance needs by giving them a standard report. I understand that you can't define the custom reporting features, however.

What is most valuable?

Overall, the platform has a very good dashboard and a nice correlation engine as well.

What needs improvement?

Nowadays the trend is going towards ransomware and endpoint detection and response. So if they added something for that, that would be very useful. Plus, there is a trend towards store technology for security orchestration and automated response. That would reduce the workload and the product would be more mature, in terms of information. They should also work on better integration.

I've been reselling the solution for two years.

The solution is quite stable as long as your server and the hardware is supporting it because it is a virtual kind of software solution. So the software depends on the hardware. If your hardware is supporting it, obviously the solution will be stable. Once you install it, you don't have to worry about it.

Scalability wise, if you are expanding the scope of the SSI devices, you just need to add the number of endpoints or number of servers, and licenses.

We found technical support very good. But to be very honest, we did not come across any major issue as of yet. If there's that something that we cannot solve ourselves completely, then we are totally reliant on them.

We are the resellers for multiple solutions, so we don't only sell LogPoint. It is a solution we pitch to our smaller customers.

The initial setup was straightforward. Usually, we can deploy the solution within three days. We usually take two days and keep an extra day for a buffer, just for fine-tuning some policies and things like that. For a small deployment, one person is enough.

For the first two deployments, we did have help. After that, we did not need it because there is direct support from LogPoint. We can use tickets and get help if necessary.

As long as the solution is working, and you are in compliance with all the internal audit policies, you will see a return on investment.

The licensing structure is super. It's not like other complex environments. They work on the EPS or MPS, but they also work on a number of devices. It's very straightforward. They have a different pricing structure for the lighter devices, so that makes it a very cost-effective solution.

For a hundred user deployment the cost is about $10,000. The next year it would be the same because it's a subscription-based license. There are separate costs as well, for example, if a customer asks for training for their staff.

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller of the solution.

I would recommend the solution. Go with the trial version and evaluate it first, because individual tastes may differ. I'm not the end-user, I'm the reseller. We have managed to meet the customer's requirements for adhering to their compliance or getting the solution onboard to their satisfaction. In the end, however, when an end-user uses the solution, they will ultimately have a clearer idea about the pitfalls or upsides of it.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.