LogRhythm Network Monitor Review

Good analytics features but it should have better integration with multiple products

What is most valuable?

The analytics feature is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with multiple products. Integration is not something that is readily available for most of the products.

I would also like to see some more customization with the analytics that LogRhythm offers because there are competitive solutions on the market that get much more analytics, unlike LogRhythm. We have second-hand features when we look at the analytics portion of it. Otherwise, the solution is good but I'm expecting a little more in analytics.

Less than one year.

The stability is good. I would rate it a three out of five.

Scalability depends on the sizing. If you have lower sizing then you will not be able to scale the system.

The security team of around five people are the main users. They do analytics for an organization of 3,000 plus employees.

Their technical support isn't so great.

We were previously using ArcSight. We switched because ArcSight didn't have a roadmap for their company. We didn't get a clear roadmap for their technology innovation guidelines.

The initial setup was a little complex. We have to manage a lot of devices, the dashboard needs to be set up.

The entire deployment took a little over a month. We required five to six staff members for the deployment. The staff compromises of security and forensic analysts.

We implemented in-house.

Pricing is okay. There were some competitors that were extremely expensive and there were some which were really inexpensive but LogRhythm stayed in the middle of them.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to do the assessments properly before you deploy the solution because it also depends on what kind of products you have to integrate with LogRhythm. Most products do have an integration out-of-the-box. You need to study the product first before you make the decision to go ahead with LogRhythm.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.