LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Good support, offers customized alarms, and helps us to focus our investigative efforts

What is our primary use case?

We use multiple instances as dark sites. We have roughly 350-400 hosts per site consisting of 4K to 5K log sources.

How has it helped my organization?

It has not only helped us meet requirements on a development program, but it has also allowed us to focus on insider threats as well as provide forensics capabilities to identify potential security risks.

What is most valuable?

I have found the Advanced Intelligence Engine has provided the most value to us because we can customize alarms based on our requirements and have created hundreds of alarms that notify different people for different scenarios.

What needs improvement?

There used to be the ability to create alarms based on message text that was included in LR Version 6.x that has been removed in LogRhythm 7.x, and on that, I would like to see it added back. I was told that this was due to processor overhead but with the amount of CPU and memory suggested, I don't see why this would be an issue.

I have been using LogRhythm NextGen SIEM for six years.

It is stable when all the resource recommendations are met.

Scalability is endless with this product.

Technical support has been great.

We did not use another product prior to this one.

The initial setup is pretty straight forward.

Our in-house team handled deployment.

I don't get involved with pricing.

We did not evaluate other options.

More LogRhythm NextGen SIEM reviews from users