LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Great features with good cloud functionality and excellent technical support

What is most valuable?

We really appreciate the new cloud functionality. The cloud is really showing its dominance.

Technical support is very helpful and responsive.

The product has a lot of useful features.

What needs improvement?

There aren't really any missing features. It's quite a complete solution.

Most of the clients using the on-prem are using customized applications. In the customized applications, we are facing parsing issues and a minimum of two days is required by the LogRhythm team for parsing logs.

Parsing is totally controlled by LogRhythm and they do not allow any partner or any third-party to handle this part and this is a key challenge on my end. This is a huge cost impact -at least on the Pakistani market. It needs to be addressed.

The solution should be less expensive.

It would be very helpful if there was Kashif a package to help users migrate from QRadar to LogRhythm.

In Pakistan, the government is in the process of developing its final recommendation of cybersecurity and data protection process. We hope this solution will prove to be compliant and will meet the requirements in the future.

I've been using the solution for approximately one and a half years at this point. It hasn't been too long just yet.

We have four or five people using the solution in our organization. They are managing the LogRhythm infrastructure.

We are in touch with their support. It's government support, and they're quite supportive, and they are quite responsive. They have a divisional team is quite responsive.

The initial setup is complex with LogRhythm. In that Pakistan market, with LogRhythm, the climate is very limited at this point. For the on-prem, there may be only two customers, for example. One is a bank and one is serving as an MSSP.

We've added four customers to a pay-as-you-go model. You apply Windows 2000 MPS or a cloud environment. The initial setup is quite difficult, however, after making certifications we are able to provide the initial setup and got it working with the LogRhythm support team.

For maintenance, I have five engineers that are part of my security team, including me and my sales and operations. Approximately we have 14 to 15 people that can handle maintenance.

We had some assistance from the LogRhythm support team. We did not entirely do it ourselves.

The cost of the solution should be reduced. In the Pakistan market, they have competition from IBM QRadar. They have quite a significant core difference. While the quality of this product is better, IBM has a stronger penetration in the market base don price. 90% of financial institutions are doing the QRadar in Pakistan. The Central Bank is using QRadar and simply due to the cost differences.

Initially, we tested out the QRadar, however, due to some delay and due to some market awareness tests, we did not continue.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the solution for our own infrastructure and we are also offering it as a service. We are the largest service provider, cloud service provider, in Pakistan. However, we use a variety of deployment models - including cloud and hybrid.

We have an ISO position for government-certified infrastructure. We have a PCI-certified infrastructure as well as a GDPI compliant infrastructure.

We work closely with this product in particular. We have a lot of hands-on experience.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If it weren't for some parsing limitations in the product, I would rate it even higher.

More LogRhythm NextGen SIEM reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about LogRhythm NextGen SIEM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.