LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

We selected it based on the ability to comply with regulations and its advanced features, but support needs to be improved.

Valuable Features

The log aggregation is what we use it for.

We don’t have a lot of the reporting configured or the advanced analytics. When the time is right, we will we will make the most of these features.

Improvements to My Organization

We need to improve our internal training and use of it. We use it, but we don’t use it to its potential. It’s a very powerful and robust device and application. We don’t use it how we could.

Room for Improvement

I don’t have a lot of confidence in their support. The support is not first class. I am still working with them with follow ups with the numerous issues we have had. The appliance itself seems to be doing what it’s supposed to, but the support is lacking.

Use of Solution

I've used it for six years.

We went through research of multiple products that were similar in nature and selected LogRhythm based on the ability to comply with regulations and the advanced features that it offered. It’s a really deep product and you can do a lot with it, but it just hasn't been realized.

It handles what we throw at it.

I have mixed feelings. We have had some issues with their internal support.

We lost our ability to access the support portal, and it took them around three weeks to resolve it. We had a new upgraded appliance implemented and professional services set it up. They failed to take all of the alerts and bring it to the new appliance.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The licensing has improved. It has gone down because it is no longer individual monitoring licensing, whereas before it was licensed per collection manager. They have given us decent pricing, they gave us credit for the old appliance.