LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Provides huge visibility into your network, you see everything and you see it easily

What is most valuable?

Visibility. Being able to see the system, see what's coming in, and being able to report on the logs coming in. Seeing what other people are doing and being able to track down quickly what is going on in your network.

How has it helped my organization?

We're a worldwide company with 50,000 employees, in probably 15 locations, three SOCs and four or five data centers.

It's made it quicker for us to see threats. It's an easier platform to work with. Its more user friendly, GUI based.

What needs improvement?

Easier creation of rules and parsing, and more user-friendly. A more user-friendly basis of using the tool to create rules and alarms to be able to report off of, and quickly stop any attacks and the like.

Also, more in-depth training on how the security platform works with other pieces of software like Sequel, firewalls, or PowerShell.

A ten again. It's very easy to scale.

Great. They respond quickly and are very knowledgeable and they also allow us to be hands-on. Instead of them doing it for us, they actually teach us how to do it. So better knowledge transfer.

We were using RSA Security Analytics and, before that, we were using RSA enVision. The challenges behind them were that they were very clunky, not very user-friendly, and you had to know coding, and you had to know command-line interfaces to even use them. Even on their GUI side. With LogRhythm we don't have to.

It was straightforward and, like I said, a lot of good knowledge transfer on what to do and how to proceed.

IBM QRadar and RSA Security Analytics, but LogRhythm stood out because of their scalability and their interface and their user friendliness. Being able to easily navigate through the system.

What other advice do I have?

It is very important that our solution to be a unified end-to-end platform. Very important. We wanted a one-stop shop with LogRhythm. We didn't want to use anything else to record our logs and stop threats.

I would give LogRythm a 10 out of 10 just purely on the fact they are very helpful, very knowledgeable. The software is very easy to use. Easy to learn. I came into security with no knowledge of security or how to do anything, and within a year I'm an administer of the software. So it's pretty good.

I would say go with it. Hands down, one of the best security platforms I've seen. Easy to use, ease to scale, huge visibility into your network. You just see everything and you see it easily. You don't have to go search for things.