LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Allows us to be more defensive, have a better security posture, and be more prepared for anything that occurs

How has it helped my organization?

It's allowed us to have more visibility into our network as well as be able to respond more quickly to incidents seen on the network.

What is most valuable?

• Being able to gather logs in one place
  • Being able to process them and generate alarms

What needs improvement?

I work in a highly regulated industry. I know the product has compliance mechanisms, but being able to get more governance surrounding some of the compliance. Merging things that we have to be on top of would be helpful.

LogRhythm has been able to show that their products are very scalable. Usually, when you buy things that are out of boxes, you get them, they're old. But the new enhancements and things that LogRhythm continues to integrate allow you to scale up with them as they grow. They scale with you also.

I've used tech support. They're very helpful, very knowledgeable people who genuinely care about you and want to see not just their product but you, as a company, be successful.

This is our first iteration of SIEM at my organization. At the time, my superior had used Splunk previously, and that was what he was a fan of. But LogRhythm is one of the emerging leaders, price point was very important, and also to be with a company that's on the cutting edge of technology.

I think that anytime you're integrating SIEM monitoring tools into an environment, it is complex, but the LogRhythm Professional Services help make things easier, and I've worked with them every step of the way.

What other advice do I have?

It's very important to our organization that the solution be a unified end-to-end solution.

I don't think any company is perfect, but I know that they're striving, and that's why I give them such a high score.

I understand that whatever you're buying with LogRhythm, it is not going to be static. It's a very dynamic company and a lot of new technologies emerge, so ensuring that you get the proper level of training upfront, as well as continued training for your staff, is important for being able to wrap your hands around what LogRhythm is actually doing and where they're going.

You start to talk about some things like blockchain and quantum, I'm sure that LogRhythm is already researching some of those new computer technologies. I didn't know what to expect back in 2015 when we bought the product, but it's showing to be agile, scalable, and the people are very knowledgeable.