LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Provides a single point of log management, has become an operational tool as well as a security solution

How has it helped my organization?

We are about 5000 users. At this point, we only have one XM appliance with an external storage. We're looking for a vendor right now, for a sales engineer to work with us in trying to upgrade it. We're looking to expand it. We're looking at monitoring more our work stations. We have about 1000 servers on it, and about 300 to 500 routers and switches on our system. And of course, we are also a Windows shop, so we have about 4000 to 5000 units on it.

A lot of it is being a single point of log management for the whole company, not only for our compliance, but basically it has become an operational tool for our company, for our day-to-day stuff. And it's more, on my end, for the security solution.

What is most valuable?

It's a compliance tool for our needs.

Security analytics, cloud security, log management are also definitely valuable. We're looking at all the cloud features at this point, even antivirus is going to cloud. A lot of analytics are going to the cloud. So, we're looking at LogRhythm, what it's going to do at with the AI cloud stuff.

What needs improvement?

What I would like to see is improvement on the analytics, especially on the cloud and intelligence workspace.

We have one box right now. We're in the process of scaling that, so I can't speak to this.

I've been working a lot with technical support, technical professional services. We just recently did an audit of our system. I'm waiting to get a report from that, so that's one of the things I'm working with.

They're pretty much responsive. The only basic thing is, when support issues are passed on to a first-level support, it takes a while to get to the second-level support to make sure the first-level support answers all our questions. Sometimes it's a challenge to bring it to the second level of support and get the answers that we need.

No. We have always done our homework and we believe that LogRhythm continues to be our solution.

It was pretty straightforward. I was happy with the deployment team. They were onhand and they were explaining a lot of stuff that was happening, so I feel pretty good about the initial deployment.

What other advice do I have?

The driving factor for our company is compliance. And next, for our security team to make sure that there's no occurrence of anything that we don't know about, besides operational issues.

My key challenge is to make sure that LogRhythm stays relevant on our day-to-day stuff, making sure that we can have a quick analysis of what's happening in our network, what's going on, and what our security posture is at a given time. For my needs, I'm looking more for it to bring a more comprehensive picture of our security, for the whole network, since I'm routing all the logs to it.

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor is technical support. At the end of the day, when all is said, price and pricing and so on, you will have to deal with technical support one way or the other.

In terms of a solution being a unified end-to-end platform, it's one of the top 10 SIEM tools on my list right now. A lot of our auditors are saying, "We need to track to a one flat form where we could see a dashboard, where we could see how everything is going on in our network."